In the book, Black Unity: The Total Solution to Financial Independence and Happiness, author Terrance Amen explores his beliefs regarding the reasons why African Americans don’t value themselves, and gives the example of how this population spends almost a trillion dollars in every community but their own. Mr. Amen goes into great detail on how to solve this problem with a national plan of action that covers education, health, family, business, finance, and others.
For this book club, Mr. Amen will work with participants to explain the belief that by simply redirecting 10% of what the African American population already spends, it will create new businesses, jobs, and deal with the other problems in the community. Self-sufficiency and financial independence are key topics of this book and discussion sessions.
Join the conversation!
Part of Free Your Mind: A Revolution In Words Black Literary Festival. Click link to check out other events and programs.
- Grafton Tyler Brown: African-American Lithographer
- Saturday, December 5, 2015, 10:30 amMain Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
- International Black Women's Film Festival
- Sunday, December 6, 2015, 1:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- Sunday, December 27, 2015, 1:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium