In the book, Black Unity: The Total Solution to Financial Independence and Happiness, author Terrance Amen explores his beliefs regarding the reasons why African Americans don’t value themselves, and gives the example of how this population spends almost a trillion dollars in every community but their own. Mr. Amen goes into great detail on how to solve this problem with a national plan of action that covers education, health, family, business, finance, and others.
For this book club, Mr. Amen will work with participants to explain the belief that by simply redirecting 10% of what the African American population already spends, it will create new businesses, jobs, and deal with the other problems in the community. Self-sufficiency and financial independence are key topics of this book and discussion sessions.
Join the conversation!
Part of Free Your Mind: A Revolution In Words Black Literary Festival. Click link to check out other events and programs.
- Black History Month Scavenger Hunt
- Jueves 23 de Febrero de 2017, 8:00 amBayview, Bayview: Área Principal
- Thursdays at Noon films - Ali
- Jueves 23 de Febrero de 2017, 12:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- Play the African counting game Mancala
- Jueves 23 de Febrero de 2017, 3:00 pmMission , Mission: Área de Adolescentes
- Celebrating the diverse and beautiful world of Ashley Bryan
- Hasta Martes 28 de Febrero de 2017Biblioteca Central, Centro de Niños
- Envisioning the Classics with Color
- Hasta Jueves 2 de Marzo de 2017Biblioteca Central, Centro Africano Americano