Looking for a job is tough, especially when you have submitted dozens of resumes and cover letters without response. For those new to the job market or the world of social media, it can be daunting. This class will provide actionable steps, utilizing social media, to help get your resume in the right hands and to get interviews.
Participants should be comfortable using online applications.
Optional: Preregister online here.
This class will cover:
- Social Media in the job search world
- Your online presence and how to make sure people can find you
- Clearly defining the positions you are interested in
- Finding those positions at companies
- Talking to the right people about that position
- Submitting a concise Cover Letter and Resume
- Getting an interview
Social Media is a tool that you can use to find the job that you want. Use it to your advantage by finding and talking to those individuals who make hiring decisions.
Guest presenters: Patrick Stern taught and trained hundreds of employees in sales and technology at Apple. He is passionate about social media, and consults with companies on how to leverage social mediums to their advantage. He brings this passion to helping others find the jobs they are looking for with social media.
Zach Cole is a part of the digital team at Edelman Silicon Valley, where he helps major technology brands understand the ins and outs of social media and emerging technology. Specifically, he spends a great deal of time making meaning of data and digital metrics.
This class is held in conjunction with the Jobs and Career Center of the San Francisco Public Library.
Learn about more Jobs & Careers Resources.
- Career Coaching
- Thursday, May 5, 2016, 10:00 amMain Library, Business, Science & Technology
- Career Coaching
- Thursday, May 5, 2016, 6:00 pmMain Library, Business, Science & Technology
- Job Seekers' Drop-In
- Saturday, May 7, 2016, 10:00 amMain Library, Bridge TechLab Workstation - 5th Fl
- Mock Job Interviewing
- Tuesday, May 10, 2016, 2:30 pmMain Library, Learning Studio
- Let Us Amaze You! Useful Tools for Your Job Search
- Wednesday, May 11, 2016, 2:00 pmMain Library, 5th Floor Computer Training Ctr.
- Make Stress Work for You, While Looking For Work!
- Thursday, May 12, 2016, 6:00 pmMain Library, Learning Studio