A hundred years ago, on heavily-forested remote land, the Mason-McDuffie Company sought to create in San Francisco a residence park that embodied the highest ideals of early twentieth century landscaping and architecture. St. Francis Wood attracted some of the Bay Area’s most accomplished designers and architects, from John Galen Howard to Henry Gutterson to Julia Morgan, and despite early difficulties, flowered into one of the country’s most successful examples of a City Beautiful “garden suburb.”
San Francisco’s St. Francis Wood features historical images, a visual inventory of homes, and stunning present-day photographs of one of San Francisco’s finest residential neighborhoods.
Book sales and signing to follow.
- RADAR Presents Reading + Launch Party:
- Jueves 4 de Septiembre de 2014Biblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B
- Across the African Diaspora: Islam and Sexuality
- Sábado 13 de Septiembre de 2014Biblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- Poetry Reading by Chun Yu
- Sábado 27 de Septiembre de 2014Chinatown/Him Mark Lai, Chinatown: Sala de Reuniones