A hundred years ago, on heavily-forested remote land, the Mason-McDuffie Company sought to create in San Francisco a residence park that embodied the highest ideals of early twentieth century landscaping and architecture. St. Francis Wood attracted some of the Bay Area’s most accomplished designers and architects, from John Galen Howard to Henry Gutterson to Julia Morgan, and despite early difficulties, flowered into one of the country’s most successful examples of a City Beautiful “garden suburb.”
San Francisco’s St. Francis Wood features historical images, a visual inventory of homes, and stunning present-day photographs of one of San Francisco’s finest residential neighborhoods.
Book sales and signing to follow.
- Author Discussion: Aloha Kahuna Soul
- Sábado 25 de Junio de 2016, 2:00 pmOcean View, Ocean View: Sala de Reuniones
- Cheddar: America's Most Iconic Cheese
- Miércoles 29 de Junio de 2016, 6:00 pmAnza, Anza: Sala de Reuniones
- Epigenetics --- A Closer Look at Genes and Environment
- Domingo 10 de Julio de 2016, 1:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B