A hundred years ago, on heavily-forested remote land, the Mason-McDuffie Company sought to create in San Francisco a residence park that embodied the highest ideals of early twentieth century landscaping and architecture. St. Francis Wood attracted some of the Bay Area’s most accomplished designers and architects, from John Galen Howard to Henry Gutterson to Julia Morgan, and despite early difficulties, flowered into one of the country’s most successful examples of a City Beautiful “garden suburb.”
San Francisco’s St. Francis Wood features historical images, a visual inventory of homes, and stunning present-day photographs of one of San Francisco’s finest residential neighborhoods.
Book sales and signing to follow.
- At Home In Exile
- Miércoles 25 de Enero de 2017, 7:00 pmMerced, Merced: Área Principal
- Scandinavian Crime Thrillers Today
- Miércoles 1 de Febrero de 2017, 6:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B
- Author Event - Matt Richtel
- Sábado 4 de Febrero de 2017, 11:00 amWest Portal, West Portal: Área Juvenil