A hundred years ago, on heavily-forested remote land, the Mason-McDuffie Company sought to create in San Francisco a residence park that embodied the highest ideals of early twentieth century landscaping and architecture. St. Francis Wood attracted some of the Bay Area’s most accomplished designers and architects, from John Galen Howard to Henry Gutterson to Julia Morgan, and despite early difficulties, flowered into one of the country’s most successful examples of a City Beautiful “garden suburb.”
San Francisco’s St. Francis Wood features historical images, a visual inventory of homes, and stunning present-day photographs of one of San Francisco’s finest residential neighborhoods.
Book sales and signing to follow.
- Delicious Desserts: Alice Medrich speaks
- 星期二, 2015年10月13日, 3:00 pmMain 總圖書館, Koret 禮堂
- Slavery: Ancient Greece and Rome vs. the American South
- 星期三, 2015年10月14日, 7:00 pmMerced 分館, Merced 公眾範圍
- Between His Walking Words/Entre Sus Palabras Andantes
- 星期日, 2015年10月18日, 3:00 pmMain 總圖書館, Latino/Hispanic 會議室 A 和 B