Songcatcher (2001, 105 minutes)
After her university refuses to grant her a promotion, musicologist Dr. Lily Penleric heads to Appalachia to record 16th century Scottish and Irish folk songs that the earthy mountain people have kept alive for generations. While in Appalachia, Lily joins her sister and the locals in their struggle against the coal companies and falls in love with gritty musician Tom Bledsoe.
- Short History of Narrative Cinema
- Lunes 27 de Febrero de 2017, 1:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- 13th: an Oscar-nominated documentary
- Lunes 27 de Febrero de 2017, 3:30 pmExcelsior, Excelsior: Sala de Reuniones
- Video Studio: Open House
- Miércoles 1 de Marzo de 2017, 4:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Mix: Video - 2nd Fl