On New Year's Eve, 1866, Professor Risley arrived in San Francisco from Yokohama, Japan. He was accompanied by the Imperial Japanese Troupe of acrobats and performers. Risley was a famous acrobat in his own right.
In this presentation heavily illustrated with photographs and drawings, award-winning author Frederik L. Schodt will reveal the incredible but true story of Risley and his troupe, who gave the world one of its first glimpses of Japanese popular culture.
Professor Risley and the imperial Japanese troupe: how an American acrobat introduced circus to Japan, and Japan to the West.
- Spring Koto Concert
- Sábado 30 de Abril de 2016, 3:30 pmWestern Addition, Western Addition: Área Principal
- Poetry Reading with Dawn Pearson
- Sábado 30 de Abril de 2016, 4:00 pmPotrero, Potrero: Sala de Reuniones
- Charlie Chin
- Martes 3 de Mayo de 2016, 10:00 amParkside, Parkside Children's Area
- Tai Chi Mondays!
- Lunes 2 de Mayo de 2016, 3:00 pmBernal Heights, Bernal Heights: Sala de Reuniones
- Tai Chi Mondays
- Lunes 9 de Mayo de 2016, 3:00 pmBernal Heights, Bernal Heights: Área Principal
- Jamyong Singye on the Meditative Art of Thangka
- Martes 10 de Mayo de 2016, 6:30 pmWest Portal, West Portal: Área Juvenil