On New Year's Eve, 1866, Professor Risley arrived in San Francisco from Yokohama, Japan. He was accompanied by the Imperial Japanese Troupe of acrobats and performers. Risley was a famous acrobat in his own right.
In this presentation heavily illustrated with photographs and drawings, award-winning author Frederik L. Schodt will reveal the incredible but true story of Risley and his troupe, who gave the world one of its first glimpses of Japanese popular culture.
Professor Risley and the imperial Japanese troupe: how an American acrobat introduced circus to Japan, and Japan to the West.
- Children's Day Japanese Tea Ceremony
- Domingo 3 de Mayo de 2015Western Addition, Western Addition: Sala de Reuniones
- Alvin Ho Read-Aloud Book Club
- Lunes 4 de Mayo de 2015Visitacion Valley, Visitacion Valley: Sala de Reuniones
- Preschool Yoga Storytime!
- Martes 5 de Mayo de 2015Western Addition, Western Addition: Sala de Reuniones
- Qigong Healing: Sound, Energy, & Color
- Martes 5 de Mayo de 2015West Portal, West Portal: Área Juvenil
- Tai Chi Thursdays!
- Jueves 7 de Mayo de 2015Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights: Sala de Reuniones
- Thai Cooking Demonstration
- Sábado 9 de Mayo de 2015Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights: Sala de Reuniones