On New Year's Eve, 1866, Professor Risley arrived in San Francisco from Yokohama, Japan. He was accompanied by the Imperial Japanese Troupe of acrobats and performers. Risley was a famous acrobat in his own right.
In this presentation heavily illustrated with photographs and drawings, award-winning author Frederik L. Schodt will reveal the incredible but true story of Risley and his troupe, who gave the world one of its first glimpses of Japanese popular culture.
Professor Risley and the imperial Japanese troupe: how an American acrobat introduced circus to Japan, and Japan to the West.
- Book Talk: Not So Different: Finding Human Nature in Animals
- 星期四, 2016年7月28日, 5:30 pmMain 總圖書館, Koret 禮堂
- We're All Terminal
- 星期二, 2016年8月2日, 5:30 pmMain 總圖書館, Koret 禮堂
- Gordon Edgar: aka the cheese guy
- 星期三, 2016年8月3日, 6:00 pmMain 總圖書館, 學習工作室