On New Year's Eve, 1866, Professor Risley arrived in San Francisco from Yokohama, Japan. He was accompanied by the Imperial Japanese Troupe of acrobats and performers. Risley was a famous acrobat in his own right.
In this presentation heavily illustrated with photographs and drawings, award-winning author Frederik L. Schodt will reveal the incredible but true story of Risley and his troupe, who gave the world one of its first glimpses of Japanese popular culture.
Professor Risley and the imperial Japanese troupe: how an American acrobat introduced circus to Japan, and Japan to the West.
- Growing Up in San Francisco's Western Neighborhoods
- 星期三, 2015年8月5日, 7:00 pmMerced 分館, Merced 公眾範圍
- Growing Up in San Francisco’s Western Neighborhoods
- 星期四, 2015年8月6日, 7:00 pmSunset 分館, 日落區分館兒童室
- Living in the Shadows of Exclusion
- 星期六, 2015年8月8日, 1:00 pmMain 總圖書館, Koret 禮堂