On New Year's Eve, 1866, Professor Risley arrived in San Francisco from Yokohama, Japan. He was accompanied by the Imperial Japanese Troupe of acrobats and performers. Risley was a famous acrobat in his own right.
In this presentation heavily illustrated with photographs and drawings, award-winning author Frederik L. Schodt will reveal the incredible but true story of Risley and his troupe, who gave the world one of its first glimpses of Japanese popular culture.
Professor Risley and the imperial Japanese troupe: how an American acrobat introduced circus to Japan, and Japan to the West.
- At Home In Exile
- 星期三, 2017年１月25日, 7:00 pmMerced 分館, Merced 公眾範圍
- Lunar New Year Movie: The Karate Kid
- 星期六, 2017年１月28日, 2:30 pmPark 分館, Park 分館會議室
- Scandinavian Crime Thrillers Today
- 星期三, 2017年2月1日, 6:00 pmMain 總圖書館, Latino/Hispanic 會議室 A 和 B