On New Year's Eve, 1866, Professor Risley arrived in San Francisco from Yokohama, Japan. He was accompanied by the Imperial Japanese Troupe of acrobats and performers. Risley was a famous acrobat in his own right.
In this presentation heavily illustrated with photographs and drawings, award-winning author Frederik L. Schodt will reveal the incredible but true story of Risley and his troupe, who gave the world one of its first glimpses of Japanese popular culture.
Professor Risley and the imperial Japanese troupe: how an American acrobat introduced circus to Japan, and Japan to the West.
- Shock and Awe - Performance by Ethan Rafal
- 星期三, 2016年12月14日, 6:00 pmMain 總圖書館, Latino/Hispanic 會議室 A 和 B
- Pearl Harbor at 75 (1941-2016)
- 星期三, 2016年12月14日, 7:00 pmMerced 分館, Merced 公眾範圍
- We're All Terminal
- 星期二, 2017年１月3日, 6:00 pmMain 總圖書館, Latino/Hispanic 會議室 A 和 B