Students in the San Francisco Bay area were invited to create artwork inspired by a word or phrase from Martin Luther King's "I Have a Dream" speech. A jury of distinguished judges from SFMOMA, the Oakland Museum, Museum of the African Diaspora/MOAD, and others selected a winner and two runner-ups in the Elementary, Middle, and High School categories, as well as an over-all Grand Prize winner. Come see beautiful examples of the young artists' works on display at the Main Library Children's Center from February 5th to March 31st, 2013.
Produced by Karz Productions, the San Francisco/Bay Area The Dream @ 50 art contest is sponsored by Target, along with co-presenters including the San Francisco Unified School District, the Alameda County Office of Education, CBS Outdoor, the Children's Creativity Museum, Oakland Public Library, the Museum of the African Diaspora/MOAD, the San Francisco Arts Commission, and the San Francisco Museum and Historical Society.
- Teddy Bear Hip Hop
- Saturday, February 28, 2015Presidio, Presidio Meeting Room
- Black History Scavenger Hunt
- Saturday, February 28, 2015Bayview, Bayview General Floor Area
- Family Film: The Watsons Go to Birmingham
- Saturday, February 28, 2015Western Addition, Western Addition Meeting Room