Students in the San Francisco Bay area were invited to create artwork inspired by a word or phrase from Martin Luther King's "I Have a Dream" speech. A jury of distinguished judges from SFMOMA, the Oakland Museum, Museum of the African Diaspora/MOAD, and others selected a winner and two runner-ups in the Elementary, Middle, and High School categories, as well as an over-all Grand Prize winner. Come see beautiful examples of the young artists' works on display at the Main Library Children's Center from February 5 to March 31st, 2013.
Produced by Karz Productions, the San Francisco/Bay Area The Dream @ 50 art contest is sponsored by Target, along with co-presenters including the San Francisco Unified School District, the Alameda County Office of Education, CBS Outdoor, the Children's Creativity Museum, Oakland Public Library, the Museum of the African Diaspora/MOAD, the San Francisco Arts Commission, and the San Francisco Museum and Historical Society.
- Racism and all that Jazz
- Domingo 1 de Febrero de 2015Biblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- Black History Scavenger Hunt
- Domingo 1 de Febrero de 2015Bayview, Bayview: Área Principal
- Meet the Author: Aliona Gibson
- Lunes 2 de Febrero de 2015Ocean View, Ocean View: Sala de Reuniones