Todd Denman performs uilleann pipes and tin whistle with Richard Mandell on guitar. A rare form of bagpipe native to Ireland, the uilleann pipes are bellows inflated, played while sitting, and have the largest musical and harmonic capacity of any bagpipes in the world. They are a social, indoor instrument with a rich 200-year history in Ireland. Todd received an NEA endowment to study the pipes in the 1980s, he has studied in Ireland and has performed in Europe, Ireland and across the U.S., including the San Francisco Symphony, and has been a California Arts Council Touring Artist. His recordings have reached Top-10 charts and received wide acclaim in both Ireland and America. His music can be heard on the recent Disney Brave iPad games. A very unusual instrument and exciting music, not to be missed!
- Bernal Celebrates Black History!
- Saturday, February 13, 2016, 1:30 pmBernal Heights, Bernal Heights General Floor Area
- Book a Librarian in Russian
- Tuesday, February 16, 2016, 10:30 amMain Library, Computer Training Ctr. 5th Floor
- Hip-Hop Workshop for Kids
- Wednesday, February 17, 2016, 4:00 pmWestern Addition, Western Addition Meeting Room
- Computer Help for Adults/Seniors
- Sunday, February 14, 2016, 2:00 pmOrtega, Ortega Meeting Room
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Wednesday, February 17, 2016, 1:30 pmPresidio, Presidio Meeting Room
- Internet 101
- Thursday, February 18, 2016, 2:00 pmChinatown, Chinatown Computer Lab