Todd Denman performs uilleann pipes and tin whistle with Richard Mandell on guitar. A rare form of bagpipe native to Ireland, the uilleann pipes are bellows inflated, played while sitting, and have the largest musical and harmonic capacity of any bagpipes in the world. They are a social, indoor instrument with a rich 200-year history in Ireland. Todd received an NEA endowment to study the pipes in the 1980s, he has studied in Ireland and has performed in Europe, Ireland and across the U.S., including the San Francisco Symphony, and has been a California Arts Council Touring Artist. His recordings have reached Top-10 charts and received wide acclaim in both Ireland and America. His music can be heard on the recent Disney Brave iPad games. A very unusual instrument and exciting music, not to be missed!
- Alison Faith Levy Sings Shalom!
- Saturday, September 24, 2016, 11:00 amMarina, Marina Childrens' Area
- Arabic Dance with Heaven Mousalem
- Saturday, September 24, 2016, 3:00 pmWestern Addition, Western Addition General Floor Area
- Opera for the People
- Sunday, September 25, 2016, 2:00 pmNoe Valley, Noe Valley Meeting Room
- Computer Help for Adults/Seniors
- Sunday, September 25, 2016, 2:00 pmOrtega, Ortega Meeting Room
- Brain Fitness
- Monday, September 26, 2016, 1:00 pmMain Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
- Online Job Search & Digital Economy Opportunities
- Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 9:30 amMain Library, Learning Studio