Todd Denman performs uilleann pipes and tin whistle with Richard Mandell on guitar. A rare form of bagpipe native to Ireland, the uilleann pipes are bellows inflated, played while sitting, and have the largest musical and harmonic capacity of any bagpipes in the world. They are a social, indoor instrument with a rich 200-year history in Ireland. Todd received an NEA endowment to study the pipes in the 1980s, he has studied in Ireland and has performed in Europe, Ireland and across the U.S., including the San Francisco Symphony, and has been a California Arts Council Touring Artist. His recordings have reached Top-10 charts and received wide acclaim in both Ireland and America. His music can be heard on the recent Disney Brave iPad games. A very unusual instrument and exciting music, not to be missed!
This is a Wise Up! program for learning and living well at any age.
- Musical Outdoor Storytime
- Tuesday, February 21, 2017, 10:30 am
- Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC)
- Tuesday, February 21, 2017, 1:30 pmChinatown, Chinatown General Floor Area
- Computer Help for Adults/Seniors
- Wednesday, February 22, 2017, 4:00 pmRichmond, Richmond Meeting Room
- CANCELLED-Book a Librarian in Russian
- Tuesday, February 21, 2017, 10:30 amMain Library, 5th Floor Computer Training Ctr.
- Workshop on Social Security
- Tuesday, February 21, 2017, 6:00 pmEureka Valley, Eureka Valley General Floor Area
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Wednesday, February 22, 2017, 1:30 pmPresidio, Presidio Meeting Room