Todd Denman performs uilleann pipes and tin whistle with Richard Mandell on guitar. A rare form of bagpipe native to Ireland, the uilleann pipes are bellows inflated, played while sitting, and have the largest musical and harmonic capacity of any bagpipes in the world. They are a social, indoor instrument with a rich 200-year history in Ireland. Todd received an NEA endowment to study the pipes in the 1980s, he has studied in Ireland and has performed in Europe, Ireland and across the U.S., including the San Francisco Symphony, and has been a California Arts Council Touring Artist. His recordings have reached Top-10 charts and received wide acclaim in both Ireland and America. His music can be heard on the recent Disney Brave iPad games. A very unusual instrument and exciting music, not to be missed!
- OWL: Older Writers Laboratory
- Monday, January 23, 2017, 10:00 amBernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Musical Outdoor Storytime
- Tuesday, January 24, 2017, 10:30 am
- Make your own Drum!
- Tuesday, January 24, 2017, 11:00 am
- Book a Librarian in Russian
- Tuesday, January 24, 2017, 10:30 amMain Library, 5th Floor Computer Training Ctr.
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Wednesday, January 25, 2017, 1:30 pmPresidio, Presidio Meeting Room
- Chair Yoga with Bascia Lassus
- Thursday, January 26, 2017, 1:00 pmRichmond, Richmond Meeting Room