Todd Denman performs uilleann pipes and tin whistle with Richard Mandell on guitar. A rare form of bagpipe native to Ireland, the uilleann pipes are bellows inflated, played while sitting, and have the largest musical and harmonic capacity of any bagpipes in the world. They are a social, indoor instrument with a rich 200-year history in Ireland. Todd received an NEA endowment to study the pipes in the 1980s, he has studied in Ireland and has performed in Europe, Ireland and across the U.S., including the San Francisco Symphony, and has been a California Arts Council Touring Artist. His recordings have reached Top-10 charts and received wide acclaim in both Ireland and America. His music can be heard on the recent Disney Brave iPad games. A very unusual instrument and exciting music, not to be missed!
This is a Wise Up! program for learning and living well at any age.
- Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood
- Thursday, March 23, 2017, 12:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- Live Music! Gypsy Jazz Duets
- Saturday, March 25, 2017, 1:00 pmChinatown, Chinatown Meeting Room
- Library for The Blind and Print Disabled Talent Show
- Saturday, March 25, 2017, 2:00 pm
- Chair Yoga with Bascia Lassus
- Thursday, March 23, 2017, 1:00 pmRichmond, Richmond Meeting Room
- Book a Librarian
- Thursday, March 23, 2017, 3:00 pmMarina, Marina General Floor Area
- Yoga in the LBPD
- Thursday, March 23, 2017, 5:30 pm