Todd Denman performs uilleann pipes and tin whistle with Richard Mandell on guitar. A rare form of bagpipe native to Ireland, the uilleann pipes are bellows inflated, played while sitting, and have the largest musical and harmonic capacity of any bagpipes in the world. They are a social, indoor instrument with a rich 200-year history in Ireland. Todd received an NEA endowment to study the pipes in the 1980s, he has studied in Ireland and has performed in Europe, Ireland and across the U.S., including the San Francisco Symphony, and has been a California Arts Council Touring Artist. His recordings have reached Top-10 charts and received wide acclaim in both Ireland and America. His music can be heard on the recent Disney Brave iPad games. A very unusual instrument and exciting music, not to be missed!
- 2014 - 2015 Opera Preview Lecture
- Wednesday, October 1, 2014Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- Computer Help for Adults/Seniors
- Saturday, October 4, 2014Portola, Portola General Floor Area
- OWL: Older Writers Laboratory
- Monday, October 6, 2014Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Wednesday, October 1, 2014Presidio, Presidio Meeting Room
- Noche Caribe: Learn Salsa and Bachata!
- Wednesday, October 1, 2014Mission Bay, Mission Bay Program Room
- Basic Computer Class for Seniors
- Thursday, October 2, 2014Ocean View, Ocean View Computer Lab