Todd Denman performs uilleann pipes and tin whistle with Richard Mandell on guitar. A rare form of bagpipe native to Ireland, the uilleann pipes are bellows inflated, played while sitting, and have the largest musical and harmonic capacity of any bagpipes in the world. They are a social, indoor instrument with a rich 200-year history in Ireland. Todd received an NEA endowment to study the pipes in the 1980s, he has studied in Ireland and has performed in Europe, Ireland and across the US, including the San Francisco Symphony, and has been a California Arts Council Touring Artist. His recordings have reached Top-10 charts and received wide acclaim in both Ireland and America. His music can be heard on the recent Disney Brave iPad games. A very unusual instrument and exciting music, not to be missed!
- 2014 - 2015 Opera Preview Lecture
- Miércoles 1 de Octubre de 2014Biblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- Computer Help for Adults/Seniors
- Sábado 4 de Octubre de 2014Portola, Portola: Área Principal
- OWL: Older Writers Laboratory
- Lunes 6 de Octubre de 2014Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights: Sala de Reuniones
- Come Learn How to Salsa and Bachata!
- Martes 30 de Septiembre de 2014Richmond/Senator Milton Marks, Richmond: Sala de Reuniones
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Miércoles 1 de Octubre de 2014Presidio , Presidio: Sala de Reuniones
- Noche Caribe: Learn Salsa and Bachata!
- Miércoles 1 de Octubre de 2014Mission Bay, Mission Bay Program Room