Todd Denman performs uilleann pipes and tin whistle with Richard Mandell on guitar. A rare form of bagpipe native to Ireland, the uilleann pipes are bellows inflated, played while sitting, and have the largest musical and harmonic capacity of any bagpipes in the world. They are a social, indoor instrument with a rich 200-year history in Ireland. Todd received an NEA endowment to study the pipes in the 1980s, he has studied in Ireland and has performed in Europe, Ireland and across the US, including the San Francisco Symphony, and has been a California Arts Council Touring Artist. His recordings have reached Top-10 charts and received wide acclaim in both Ireland and America. His music can be heard on the recent Disney Brave iPad games. A very unusual instrument and exciting music, not to be missed!
- Charlie Hope!
- Jueves 17 de Abril de 2014Biblioteca Central, Sala de Cuentos
- Free Blood Pressure Testing
- Viernes 18 de Abril de 2014Parkside, Parkside: Área de Adolescentes
- Aging & Disability Resource Center
- Viernes 18 de Abril de 2014Sunset, Sunset: Área Principal
- Basic Computer Classes for Seniors: The Internet
- Miércoles 16 de Abril de 2014Ocean View, Sala de Computadoras
- Tai Chi for Health with Patrick Lau
- Miércoles 16 de Abril de 2014Noe Valley/Sally Brunn, Noe Valley: Sala de Reuniones
- Tai Chi
- Miércoles 16 de Abril de 2014Portola, Portola: Sala de Reuniones