Todd Denman performs uilleann pipes and tin whistle with Richard Mandell on guitar. A rare form of bagpipe native to Ireland, the uilleann pipes are bellows inflated, played while sitting, and have the largest musical and harmonic capacity of any bagpipes in the world. They are a social, indoor instrument with a rich 200-year history in Ireland. Todd received an NEA endowment to study the pipes in the 1980s, he has studied in Ireland and has performed in Europe, Ireland and across the US, including the San Francisco Symphony, and has been a California Arts Council Touring Artist. His recordings have reached Top-10 charts and received wide acclaim in both Ireland and America. His music can be heard on the recent Disney Brave iPad games. A very unusual instrument and exciting music, not to be missed!
- Learn to Belly Dance!
- 星期六, 2016年10月29日, 1:30 pmMission Bay 分館, Mission Bay Program Room
- "The Adventures of S. Phaeton" Radio Play
- 星期六, 2016年10月29日, 1:30 pmNoe Valley 分館, Noe Valley 分館會議室
- Tricycle Music Fest: The Gustafer Yellowgold Show
- 星期日, 2016年10月30日, 10:30 amMain 總圖書館, Koret 禮堂