Todd Denman performs uilleann pipes and tin whistle with Richard Mandell on guitar. A rare form of bagpipe native to Ireland, the uilleann pipes are bellows inflated, played while sitting, and have the largest musical and harmonic capacity of any bagpipes in the world. They are a social, indoor instrument with a rich 200-year history in Ireland. Todd received an NEA endowment to study the pipes in the 1980s, he has studied in Ireland and has performed in Europe, Ireland and across the US, including the San Francisco Symphony, and has been a California Arts Council Touring Artist. His recordings have reached Top-10 charts and received wide acclaim in both Ireland and America. His music can be heard on the recent Disney Brave iPad games. A very unusual instrument and exciting music, not to be missed!
- OWL: Older Writers Laboratory
- 星期一, 2015年3月30日Bernal Heights 分館, Bernal Heights 分館會議室
- Teen Computer Corps
- 星期三, 2015年4月1日Chinatown 華埠分館, Chinatown 公眾範圍
- Computer Help for Adults/Seniors
- 星期五, 2015年4月3日Parkside 分館, Parkside 分館青少年室