A lovely presentation of work by artists who celebrate nature in their paintings, watercolors, photographs, drawings, sculpture, and environmental installations, this program celebrates the Merced Branch earning LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Gold certification from the U.S. Green Building Council. From the gorgeous paintings of Georgia O'Keeffe, Joseph Stella and, Charles Burchfield, to the photographs of Minor White and Ansel Adams, to environmental earthworks by Andy Goldsworthy, Christo and Jeanne-Claude, Ana Mendieta, and Maya Lin (who designed the Vietnam Memorial Wall in Washington, D.C.), Marlene Aron will present a wonderful exploration of those artists whose work has been inspired by the landscapes and gardens in which they live. Ms. Aron will include a selection of her own nature-inspired work: watercolors, mixed-media on canvas, and environmental installations using glacial, garden and lava rocks; soil, mulch, cocoa bean hulls, oak galls, and ceramic spheres and shards. Over one hundred slides will be shown.
This is a Green Stacks event.
Special programs in honor of Earth Day.
- Healthy Living for Seniors
- Friday, September 4, 2015, 2:00 pmExcelsior, Excelsior Meeting Room
- Aging Disability Resource Center (ADRC)
- Tuesday, September 8, 2015, 2:30 pmMain Library, Atrium
- Identity Theft Solutions
- Wednesday, September 9, 2015, 6:30 pmWest Portal, West Portal Children's Area
- Computer Help for Adults/Seniors
- Saturday, September 5, 2015, 3:30 pmExcelsior, Excelsior Meeting Room
- Teen Computer Corps
- Sunday, September 6, 2015, 2:00 pmOrtega, Ortega Meeting Room
- Knitting Circle
- Tuesday, September 8, 2015, 6:00 pmMerced, Merced General Floor Area