A lovely presentation of work by artists who celebrate nature in their paintings, watercolors, photographs, drawings, sculpture, and environmental installations, this program celebrates the Merced Branch earning LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Gold certification from the U.S. Green Building Council. From the gorgeous paintings of Georgia O'Keeffe, Joseph Stella and, Charles Burchfield, to the photographs of Minor White and Ansel Adams, to environmental earthworks by Andy Goldsworthy, Christo and Jeanne-Claude, Ana Mendieta, and Maya Lin (who designed the Vietnam Memorial Wall in Washington, D.C.), Marlene Aron will present a wonderful exploration of those artists whose work has been inspired by the landscapes and gardens in which they live. Ms. Aron will include a selection of her own nature-inspired work: watercolors, mixed-media on canvas, and environmental installations using glacial, garden and lava rocks; soil, mulch, cocoa bean hulls, oak galls, and ceramic spheres and shards. Over one hundred slides will be shown.
This is a Green Stacks event.
Special programs in honor of Earth Day.
- Computer Help for Adults & Seniors
- Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 3:30 pmChinatown, Chinatown Computer Lab
- Not So Different: Finding Human Nature in Animals
- Thursday, July 28, 2016, 5:30 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- "The Adventures of S. Phaeton" Radio Play
- Saturday, July 30, 2016, 1:30 pmNoe Valley, Noe Valley Meeting Room
- Book a Librarian in Russian
- Tuesday, July 26, 2016, 10:30 amMain Library, 5th Floor Computer Training Ctr.
- Email 101
- Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 10:30 amSunset, Sunset Children's Area
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 1:30 pmPresidio, Presidio Meeting Room