A lovely presentation of work by artists who celebrate nature in their paintings, watercolors, photographs, drawings, sculpture, and environmental installations, this program celebrates the Merced Branch earning LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Gold certification from the U.S. Green Building Council. From the gorgeous paintings of Georgia O'Keeffe, Joseph Stella and, Charles Burchfield, to the photographs of Minor White and Ansel Adams, to environmental earthworks by Andy Goldsworthy, Christo and Jeanne-Claude, Ana Mendieta, and Maya Lin (who designed the Vietnam Memorial Wall in Washington, D.C.), Marlene Aron will present a wonderful exploration of those artists whose work has been inspired by the landscapes and gardens in which they live. Ms. Aron will include a selection of her own nature-inspired work: watercolors, mixed-media on canvas, and environmental installations using glacial, garden and lava rocks; soil, mulch, cocoa bean hulls, oak galls, and ceramic spheres and shards. Over one hundred slides will be shown.
Este es un evento de Ecología (Green Stacks).
Programas especiales para celebrar el Día de la Tierra.
- OWL: Older Writers Laboratory
- Lunes 31 de Agosto de 2015, 10:00 amBernal Heights, Bernal Heights: Sala de Reuniones
- Aging and Disability Resource Center Free Counseling
- Miércoles 2 de Septiembre de 2015, 2:30 pmMarina, Marina: Área Principal
- Seniors CREATE! at the Bridge
- Jueves 3 de Septiembre de 2015, 2:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Centro de Alfabetización: Computadoras
- Teen Computer Corps
- Domingo 30 de Agosto de 2015, 2:00 pmOrtega, Ortega: Sala de Reuniones
- Basic Computer Class
- Lunes 31 de Agosto de 2015, 11:00 amWestern Addition, Western Addition: Sala de Reuniones
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Miércoles 2 de Septiembre de 2015, 1:30 pmPresidio , Presidio: Sala de Reuniones