A lovely presentation of work by artists who celebrate nature in their paintings, watercolors, photographs, drawings, sculpture, and environmental installations, this program celebrates the Merced Branch earning LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Gold certification from the U.S. Green Building Council. From the gorgeous paintings of Georgia O'Keeffe, Joseph Stella and, Charles Burchfield, to the photographs of Minor White and Ansel Adams, to environmental earthworks by Andy Goldsworthy, Christo and Jeanne-Claude, Ana Mendieta, and Maya Lin (who designed the Vietnam Memorial Wall in Washington, D.C.), Marlene Aron will present a wonderful exploration of those artists whose work has been inspired by the landscapes and gardens in which they live. Ms. Aron will include a selection of her own nature-inspired work: watercolors, mixed-media on canvas, and environmental installations using glacial, garden and lava rocks; soil, mulch, cocoa bean hulls, oak galls, and ceramic spheres and shards. Over one hundred slides will be shown.
Este es un evento de Ecología (Green Stacks).
Programas especiales para celebrar el Día de la Tierra.
- Computer Help for Adults/Seniors
- Domingo 26 de Marzo de 2017, 1:30 pmPortola , Portola: Área Principal
- OWL: Older Writers Laboratory
- Lunes 27 de Marzo de 2017, 10:00 amBernal Heights, Bernal Heights: Sala de Reuniones
- Constance Fenimore Woolson: She-Novelist in Venice
- Miércoles 29 de Marzo de 2017, 7:00 pmMerced, Merced: Área Principal
- Teen Computer Corps
- Domingo 26 de Marzo de 2017, 2:00 pmOrtega, Ortega: Sala de Reuniones
- Mac Computer: Basics
- Martes 28 de Marzo de 2017, 10:00 amBiblioteca Central, Sala de Computadoras
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Miércoles 29 de Marzo de 2017, 1:30 pmPresidio , Presidio: Sala de Reuniones