Can sugar threaten your health? Dr. Robert Lustig, Professor of Clinical Pediatrics at the University of California, San Francisco Medical School (UCSF) and Director of the UCSF Weight Assessment for Teen and Child Health (WATCH), says it can. He calls sugar one of the major causes of obesity and chronic metabolic diseases such as diabetes and heart disease. Dr. Lustig will talk about his new book, Fat Chance: Beating the Odds Against Sugar, Processed Food, Obesity, and Disease. A book sale and signing follows the program.
Admission is free. For more information, call (415) 557-4477 or www.sfpl.org.
This is a Green Stacks event.
- Green Streets - The Movie
- Wednesday, April 16, 2014Western Addition, Western Addition Meeting Room
- Fabric Envelope
- Saturday, April 19, 2014Chinatown/Him Mark Lai, Chinatown Meeting Room
- The Trees of San Francisco
- Saturday, April 19, 2014Presidio, Presidio Meeting Room