Can sugar threaten your health? Dr. Robert Lustig, Professor of Clinical Pediatrics at the University of California, San Francisco Medical School (UCSF) and Director of the UCSF Weight Assessment for Teen and Child Health (WATCH), says it can. He calls sugar one of the major causes of obesity and chronic metabolic diseases such as diabetes and heart disease. Dr. Lustig will talk about his new book, Fat Chance: Beating the Odds Against Sugar, Processed Food, Obesity, and Disease. A book sale and signing follows the program.
Admission is free. For more information, call (415) 557-4477 or www.sfpl.org.
This is a Green Stacks event.
- An Omnivorous Family's Dilemma
- Saturday, December 12, 2015, 2:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- Holiday Crafts with Recycled Materials
- Saturday, December 12, 2015, 2:00 pmBernal Heights, Bernal Heights Children's Area
- Solar Solutions for Climate Change!
- Saturday, December 19, 2015, 3:30 pmPotrero, Potrero Meeting Room