Can sugar threaten your health? Dr. Robert Lustig, Professor of Clinical Pediatrics at the University of California, San Francisco Medical School (UCSF) and Director of the UCSF Weight Assessment for Teen and Child Health (WATCH), says it can. He calls sugar one of the major causes of obesity and chronic metabolic diseases such as diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Lustig will talk about his new book, Fat chance : beating the odds against sugar, processed food, obesity, and disease. A book sale and signing follows the program.
Admission is free. For more information, call (415) 557-4477 or www.sfpl.org.
Este es un evento de Ecología (Green Stacks).
- Documentary: Watershed
- Martes 22 de Abril de 2014Biblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- Erik Peper: Take Charge of Your Healing!
- Martes 22 de Abril de 2014West Portal, West Portal: Área Juvenil
- National Poetry Month and Earth Day Event
- Martes 22 de Abril de 2014Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights: Sala de Reuniones