Can sugar threaten your health? Dr. Robert Lustig, Professor of Clinical Pediatrics at the University of California, San Francisco Medical School (UCSF) and Director of the UCSF Weight Assessment for Teen and Child Health (WATCH), says it can. He calls sugar one of the major causes of obesity and chronic metabolic diseases such as diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Lustig will talk about his new book, Fat chance : beating the odds against sugar, processed food, obesity, and disease. A book sale and signing follows the program.
Admission is free. For more information, call (415) 557-4477 or www.sfpl.org.
Este es un evento de Ecología (Green Stacks).
- Adam Burke on Mental Imagery
- Martes 29 de Abril de 2014West Portal, West Portal: Área Juvenil
- Vegetarian Cooking
- Sábado 3 de Mayo de 2014Ingleside, Ingleside: Sala de Reuniones
- Sunday Streets - Bayview/Dogpatch
- Domingo 4 de Mayo de 2014Bibliotecas Ambulantes - Servicios de Asistencia , Biblioteca Ecológica