Can sugar threaten your health? Dr. Robert Lustig, Professor of Clinical Pediatrics at the University of California, San Francisco Medical School (UCSF) and Director of the UCSF Weight Assessment for Teen and Child Health (WATCH), says it can. He calls sugar one of the major causes of obesity and chronic metabolic diseases such as diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Lustig will talk about his new book, Fat chance : beating the odds against sugar, processed food, obesity, and disease. A book sale and signing follows the program.
Admission is free. For more information, call (415) 557-4477 or www.sfpl.org.
Este es un evento de Ecología (Green Stacks).
- Green Saturdays@Bernal Branch
- Sábado 10 de Enero de 2015Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights: Sala de Reuniones
- Birds of the San Francisco Area
- Miércoles 21 de Enero de 2015Sunset, Sunset: Área Juvenil
- The Natural Presidio
- Sábado 24 de Enero de 2015Eureka Valley/Harvey Milk Memorial, Eureka Valley Children's Area