Can sugar threaten your health? Dr. Robert Lustig, Professor of Clinical Pediatrics at the University of California, San Francisco Medical School (UCSF) and Director of the UCSF Weight Assessment for Teen and Child Health (WATCH), says it can. He calls sugar one of the major causes of obesity and chronic metabolic diseases such as diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Lustig will talk about his new book, Fat chance : beating the odds against sugar, processed food, obesity, and disease. A book sale and signing follows the program.
Admission is free. For more information, call (415) 557-4477 or www.sfpl.org.
Este es un evento de Ecología (Green Stacks).
- Keeping Tahoe Blue
- Miércoles 11 de Diciembre de 2013
Biblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- Green Saturdays @ Bernal
- Sábado 14 de Diciembre de 2013
- Clothing Swap: Green Saturdays @ Bernal
- Sábado 11 de Enero de 2014
- Craft Space: A Teen Craft Space for ages 8-18
- Miércoles 22 de Enero de 2014