Can sugar threaten your health? Dr. Robert Lustig, Professor of Clinical Pediatrics at the University of California, San Francisco Medical School (UCSF) and Director of the UCSF Weight Assessment for Teen and Child Health (WATCH), says it can. He calls sugar one of the major causes of obesity and chronic metabolic diseases such as diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Lustig will talk about his new book, Fat chance : beating the odds against sugar, processed food, obesity, and disease. A book sale and signing follows the program.
Admission is free. For more information, call (415) 557-4477 or www.sfpl.org.
Este es un evento de Ecología (Green Stacks).
- Fabric Envelope
- Sábado 19 de Abril de 2014Chinatown/Him Mark Lai, Chinatown: Sala de Reuniones
- The Trees of San Francisco
- Sábado 19 de Abril de 2014Presidio , Presidio: Sala de Reuniones
- POSTPONED -- Basic Bike Repair and Safety for Kids
- Sábado 19 de Abril de 2014Potrero, Potrero: Sala de Reuniones