Celebrate Black History month with a Capoeira Angola lesson from Destiny Arts! This Brazilian martial art, created mainly by descendants of African slaves, combines elements of dance and music. It is known by quick and complex moves, using mainly power, speed, and leverage for leg sweeps. Join us for movement, fun games, and role playing that introduce participants to special violence prevention techniques.
*Capoeira Angola can be described as a cultural weapon, a martial art, a dance, a spiritual tradition emerging through the African Diaspora cultural landscape, a beautiful game played to the rhythm of percussion instruments and call response songs and a philosophy.
- Gustafer Yellowgold Family Concert
- 星期二, 2014年3月18日Merced 分館, Merced 公眾範圍
- Board Game Bonanza
- 星期二, 2014年3月25日Merced 分館, Merced 公眾範圍
- Francisco Herrera - Singer & Guitarist
- 星期四, 2014年4月3日Main 總圖書館, 兒童創作中心