Orlando, by George Frideric Handel: 'The Battle between Love and Reason'
The great soldier Orlando loves the queen Angelica who loves the prince Medoro, also loved in vain by the shepherdess Dorinda. Orlando cannot accept this and goes completely mad, threatening to fight everything in sight. Orlando's psychedelic hallucinations are ultimately cured - by the wise magician Zoroastro.
"Opera for the People" is a lecture series run by Larry Oppenheim. Larry is currently President of the Kensington Symphony Orchestra in the East Bay, where he is co-principal oboe and solo English horn. He also writes the program notes. Larry's goal is to make classical music more enjoyable and accessible to "all the people".
Each opera in this lecture series is being performed by local companies (Pocket Opera or San Francisco Opera), close to the times of the lectures. Check out the opera with your newfound knowledge!
- Phonographic Memory: Bridging Generations and Genres
- Jueves 26 de Mayo de 2016, 6:15 pmBiblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B
- Six Roses
- Sábado 4 de Junio de 2016, 3:30 pmWestern Addition, Western Addition: Área Principal
- Musical Outdoor Storytime
- Martes 7 de Junio de 2016, 10:30 am