Cat Shimizu, the "breaducator" from Sour Flour —a Mission District bakery dedicated to neighborly bread gifting and bread education— will talk about the art and science of making bread using a sourdough starter. This includes how to feed and take care of your own starter, and how different factors such as time, temperature, and starter hydration affect the fermentation process. And why the "indigenous microflora" in the starter culture improve the flavor, nutrition and storage properties of bread. Samples and suggested reading will help get you started on a fun, healthy and delicious new adventure in baking.
- Great Books Reading Group
- Tuesday, March 18, 2014Sunset, Sunset Children's Area
- Russeller Watercolor Group
- Friday, March 21, 2014Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Personal Digital Archiving: Audio
- Saturday, March 29, 2014Main Library, Government Information Center
- Gentle Mind and Body Yoga
- Sunday, March 9, 2014Visitacion Valley, Visitacion Valley Meeting Room
- Book a Librarian
- Thursday, March 13, 2014Visitacion Valley, Visitacion Valley General Floor Area
- Knit Happens
- Saturday, March 15, 2014Main Library, Latino/Hispanic B
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.