From the writer of "The Seven Percent Solution" comes one of the most ingenious thrillers of our time! When famed 19th Century scholar, author and inventor H.G. Wells (Malcolm McDowell) reveals his new invention, a time machine, little does he realize that he has opened an escape route for one of history's most evil criminal geniuses, Jack The Ripper. Forced to make a sudden and daring journey 86 years into the future, Wells finds himself in the middle of downtown San Francisco in 1979. He is thrust into an alien and apparently hostile environment where he must race against the clock to stop this diabolic menace from continuing his reign of terror.
This is a Films & Videos program from SFPL. From feature films to youth-made videos, we’ve got something great to watch.
Library film festival showing movies set in and/or filmed in San Francisco.
- Beyond "Film Noir"
- Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 6:30 pmBernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Thursdays at Noon films - Torn Curtain
- Thursday, September 1, 2016, 12:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- First Thursday Movies @ Excelsior
- Thursday, September 1, 2016, 6:30 pmExcelsior, Excelsior Meeting Room