From the writer of "The Seven Percent Solution" comes one of the most ingenious thrillers of our time! When famed 19th Century scholar, author and inventor H.G. Wells (Malcolm McDowell) reveals his new invention, a time machine, little does he realize that he has opened an escape route for one of history's most evil criminal geniuses, Jack The Ripper. Forced to make a sudden and daring journey 86 years into the future, Wells finds himself in the middle of downtown San Francisco in 1979. He is thrust into an alien and apparently hostile environment where he must race against the clock to stop this diabolic menace from continuing his reign of terror.
Library film festival showing movies set in and/or filmed in San Francisco.
- Films for Adults - Arsenic and Old Lace (1944)
- Monday, October 20, 2014Golden Gate Valley, Golden Gate Valley Meeting Room
- Preschool Films
- Tuesday, October 21, 2014Western Addition, Western Addition Meeting Room
- Thursdays @ Noon Film: Blast from the Past
- Thursday, October 23, 2014Main Library, Koret Auditorium