If you like great ideas, great writing, and stimulating discussions, come and participage in the Great Books Discussion Group. We meet 4th Wednesday of each month from 6:30pm-8:30pm.
The Seven Deadly Sins Sampler, a collection of short stories, allows readers to peer into the hidden recesses of sinful thought and behavior. Without moralizing, the authors in this book-William Faulkner, Raymond Carver, Flannery O'Connor, and Margaret Atwood, to name a few-use fiction to explore our all too human thirst for transgressive pleasure.
For readers who know that good and evil isn't simply a matter of black and white, this collection will provoke lively conversation and sober contemplation.
Read. Think. Discuss. Grow.
For information about our upcoming reading: Contact Louise DiMattio at email@example.com or (415) 587-0398
To register: (415) 355-2886 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and contact information.
- Great Books Discussion Group
- Wednesday, February 10, 2016, 6:15 pmNoe Valley, Noe Valley Meeting Room
- Slow Book Society
- Wednesday, February 10, 2016, 6:30 pmMain Library, Sycip Room - Floor 4
- Mother-Daughter Bookgroup
- Thursday, February 11, 2016, 7:00 pmWest Portal, West Portal Children's Area
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.