A docent from the Asian Art Museum will present a slideshow and talk about the museum’s exhibition “China’s Terracotta Warriors.” She will show slides of some of the 120 rare objects—including 10 terracotta figures—currently on show at the museum. She will also talk about the unification of China, and the life and rule of the First Emperor, Qin Shi Huang Di, his quest for immortality, his death, burial, and complex legacy.
- CANCELLED - The Chinese & the Transcontinental Railroad
- Thursday, May 5, 2016, 7:00 pmSunset, Sunset Children's Area
- San Francisco's Chinatown, Then & Now
- Saturday, May 7, 2016, 11:00 amMain Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
- APIA Olympians: Shooting for Gold
- Saturday, May 14, 2016, 10:00 amMain Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.