A docent from the Asian Art Museum will present a slideshow and talk about the museum’s exhibition “China’s Terracotta Warriors.” She will show slides of some of the 120 rare objects—including 10 terracotta figures—currently on show at the museum. She will also talk about the unification of China, and the life and rule of the First Emperor, Qin Shi Huang Di, his quest for immortality, his death, burial, and complex legacy.
- Chinese artist book talk
- Saturday, September 10, 2016, 1:00 pmMain Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
- San Francisco's Chinatown, Then and Now
- Saturday, September 10, 2016, 2:00 pmRichmond, Richmond Meeting Room
- Talk by Mr. Wang Meng : My 16-Year Exile in Xinjiang
- Tuesday, September 13, 2016, 2:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.