Born in Berkeley, California, artist and photographer Ronald Hirano, a Deaf Nisei, was "adopted" by Miss Delight Rice, who founded the Philippine School for the Deaf in 1907, when his entire family was interned to relocation camps with 120,000 Japanese-Americans during World War II.
This exhibition of his works includes photography, linoleum-engraved and designed covers of the California News (the newspaper from the California School for the Deaf), linoleum-engraved cards and pen and ink cards.
- Architecture and the City Film Festival
- Wednesday, September 24, 2014Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- Photographer Janet Delaney
- Wednesday, September 24, 2014Main Library, Latino/Hispanic B
- Fred Lyon - Living Through the Lens
- Thursday, October 2, 2014Main Library, Koret Auditorium