Born in Berkeley, California, artist and photographer Ronald Hirano, a Deaf Nisei, was "adopted" by Miss Delight Rice, who founded the Philippine School for the Deaf in 1907, when his entire family was interned to relocation camps with 120,000 Japanese-Americans during World War II.
This exhibition of his works includes photography, linoleum-engraved and designed covers of the California News (the newspaper from the California School for the Deaf), linoleum-engraved cards and pen and ink cards.
- Monet, Renoir, Pissarro & the Impressionist Movement
- Wednesday, October 5, 2016, 7:00 pmMerced, Merced General Floor Area
- The Life and Art of Vincent Van Gogh
- Thursday, October 20, 2016, 7:00 pmSunset, Sunset Children's Area
- A Palestinian Poetry & Music Event
- Tuesday, October 25, 2016, 6:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium