Born in Berkeley, California, artist and photographer Ronald Hirano, a Deaf Nisei, was "adopted" by Miss Delight Rice, who founded the Philippine School for the Deaf in 1907, when his entire family was interned to relocation camps with 120,00 Japanese-Americans during the World War II.
This exhibition of his works includes photography, linoleum-engraved and designed covers of the California News (the newspaper from the California School for the Deaf), linoleum-engraved cards and pen and ink cards.
- Inside Out: Student Art & Literature
- 星期四, 2016年6月9日, 6:00 pmMain 總圖書館, Koret 禮堂
- Rear Window
- 星期四, 2016年6月9日, 6:00 pmChinatown 華埠分館, 華埠分館會議室
- Mary Cassatt, Berthe Morisot and Five Fabulous Women Artists of the 1800's - a slide lecture by Marlene Aron
- 星期二, 2016年6月28日, 6:00 pmMain 總圖書館, Latino/Hispanic 會議室 A 和 B