Learn about popular mystery writers from different Scandinavian countries. The teacher will discuss popular detective series like Henning Mankell’s Kurt Wallender and Arnaldur Indrioason's Detective Erlendur; show patrons how to search for books in this genre in SFPL’s catalog and databases like Bookbrowse, Fiction Connection and Novelist; and provide hands-on exercises. The class will also talk about a couple of crime fiction awards, including the Glass Key award for the best Nordic crime novel.
- The Boris Rozenfeld Russian Bibliophiles Club
- Saturday, August 29, 2015, 2:00 pmMain Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
- OWL: Older Writers Laboratory
- Monday, August 31, 2015, 10:00 amBernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Growing Readers
- Saturday, September 5, 2015, 10:30 amWestern Addition, Western Addition Meeting Room