Learn about popular mystery writers from different Scandinavian countries. The teacher will discuss popular detective series like Henning Mankell’s Kurt Wallender and Arnaldur Indrioason's Detective Erlendur; show patrons how to search for books in this genre in SFPL’s catalog and databases like Bookbrowse, Fiction Connection and Novelist; and provide hands-on exercises. The class will also talk about a couple of crime fiction awards, including the Glass Key award for the best Nordic crime novel.
- Reading Buddies
- Thursday, January 29, 2015Excelsior, Excelsior Meeting Room
- The Boris Rozenfeld Russian Bibliophiles Club
- Saturday, January 31, 2015Main Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
- OWL: Older Writers Laboratory
- Monday, February 2, 2015Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room