1996, 114 minutes
Laurel Ayres (Whoopi Goldberg) is a bright financial analyst with more brains than most of her male colleagues. When she's passed over for a well-deserved promotion, Laurel decides the fairer sex has played fair long enough. She decides to create the perception that she's formed a partnership with a powerful financial whiz, and while the speculators are musing about the identity of her enigmatic associate, comedy and chaos collide when Laurel maneuvers a number of successful financial deals and proves that men don't have a monopoly on creative enterprise.
This is a Films & Videos program from SFPL. From feature films to youth-made videos, we’ve got something great to watch.
- Short History of Narrative Cinema
- Monday, February 27, 2017, 1:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- 13th: an Oscar-nominated documentary
- Monday, February 27, 2017, 3:30 pmExcelsior, Excelsior Meeting Room
- Video Studio: Open House
- Wednesday, March 1, 2017, 4:00 pmMain Library, Mix: Video - 2nd Fl