May 2 - All May long, SFPL is having a Michael Moore-a-thon during Thursdays @ Noon!
Bowling For Columbine
(2002, 120 minutes)
Documentary filmmaker Michael Moore goes behind the camera again to take on the timely issue of gun violence in America. Moore uses his thought-provoking yet scathingly funny style to address why so many Americans own guns and more importantly why so many people use them on each other. As the title indicates, the film uses the Columbine High School shootings as a launching pad and then goes on to explore where gun ownership and gun violence affects every state in the country.
- Thursdays @ Noon Film -- Fastest Guitar Alive
- Thursday, August 21, 2014Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- Point of Pride:
- Saturday, August 23, 2014Western Addition, Western Addition Meeting Room
- From Here to Eternity (1953)
- Saturday, August 23, 2014Glen Park, Glen Park Meeting Room