May 16 - All May long, SFPL is having a Michael Moore-a-thon during Thursdays @ Noon!
Roger and Me
(1989, 91 minutes)
A highly original, personal, and funny account of the tough times in Flint, Michigan, Michael Moore’s hometown. The birthplace of General Motors, Flint has been economically decimated by plant closings and the elimination of 35,000 GM jobs. Moore gives cinematic life to his razor-sharp, compassionate, and often wryly humorous perceptions of what went wrong in Flint and chronicles his thwarted efforts to meet with GM Chairman Roger Smith face-to-face.
This is a Films & Videos program from SFPL. From feature films to youth-made videos, we’ve got something great to watch.
- Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood
- Thursday, March 23, 2017, 12:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- 2017 Spring Teen Book Trailers
- Friday, March 24, 2017, 4:00 pmParkside, Parkside Children's Area
- The Sweet Spot
- Tuesday, March 28, 2017, 6:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium