May 16 - All May long, SFPL is having a Michael Moore-a-thon during Thursdays @ Noon!
Roger and Me
(1989, 91 minutes)
A highly original, personal, and funny account of the tough times in Flint, Michigan, Michael Moore’s hometown. The birthplace of General Motors, Flint has been economically decimated by plant closings and the elimination of 35,000 GM jobs. Moore gives cinematic life to his razor-sharp, compassionate, and often wryly humorous perceptions of what went wrong in Flint and chronicles his thwarted efforts to meet with GM Chairman Roger Smith face-to-face.
- Film Screening of 42: The Jackie Robinson Story
- Miércoles 17 de Febrero de 2016, 5:30 pmMission Bay, Mission Bay Program Room
- Preschool Videos
- Jueves 18 de Febrero de 2016, 10:30 amSunset, Sunset: Área Juvenil
- Thursdays at Noon film series - Their Eyes were Watching God
- Jueves 18 de Febrero de 2016, 12:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret