May 16 - All May long, SFPL is having a Michael Moore-a-thon during Thursdays @ Noon!
Roger and Me
(1989, 91 minutes)
A highly original, personal, and funny account of the tough times in Flint, Michigan, Michael Moore’s hometown. The birthplace of General Motors, Flint has been economically decimated by plant closings and the elimination of 35,000 GM jobs. Moore gives cinematic life to his razor-sharp, compassionate, and often wryly humorous perceptions of what went wrong in Flint and chronicles his thwarted efforts to meet with GM Chairman Roger Smith face-to-face.
- Preschool Films
- Martes 30 de Septiembre de 2014Marina, Marina Childrens' Area
- Despicable Me (PG, 95 min)
- Martes 30 de Septiembre de 2014West Portal, West Portal: Área Juvenil
- Thursdays @ Noon Film: The Wizard of Oz
- Jueves 2 de Octubre de 2014Biblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret