May 16 - All May long, SFPL is having a Michael Moore-a-thon during Thursdays @ Noon!
Roger and Me
(1989, 91 minutes)
A highly original, personal, and funny account of the tough times in Flint, Michigan, Michael Moore’s hometown. The birthplace of General Motors, Flint has been economically decimated by plant closings and the elimination of 35,000 GM jobs. Moore gives cinematic life to his razor-sharp, compassionate, and often wryly humorous perceptions of what went wrong in Flint and chronicles his thwarted efforts to meet with GM Chairman Roger Smith face-to-face.
- Thursdays at Noon films - Desk Set
- 星期四, 2016年5月5日, 12:00 pmMain 總圖書館, Koret 禮堂
- On Life's Terms: Mothers in Recovery
- 星期四, 2016年5月5日, 5:30 pmMain 總圖書館, Koret 禮堂
- First Thursday Movies @ Excelsior
- 星期四, 2016年5月5日, 6:30 pmExcelsior 分館, Excelsior 分館會議室