In celebration of Asian Pacific American Heritage Month in May 2013, you are invited to join a Teen Essay Contest.
Topic: "Building Leadership: Embracing Cultural Values and Inclusion".
Deadline: Saturday, May 25th, 2013 (at 4 pm).
For information, please contact Jewel at Chinatown Branch Library, (415) 355-2888 or email@example.com
Judging will be based on originality, grammar, coherence to the topic and more. The rules:
1. Age: 12-18.
2. Text should be written in English only, at least 1,000 words.
3. One entry per person.
4. Submission by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
5.Submission in person or by mail to: Jewel Chen, Chinatown Branch Library, 1135 Powell Street, San Francisco, CA 94108.
6. Include your name, address, school, grade, phone number and email address.
7. Essays will be divided into two age groups, middle school (Grade 6-8) and high school (Grade 9-12).
8. Prizes for winners of each group: First Place winners will receive a $50 gift card. Second Place winners will receive gift cards for the total values of $35.
9. The winner's essays will be posted on the San Francisco Public Library's Teen web pages (Chinatown Teen'Zine Blog).
- Cartooning Workshop for Teens with Morgan Taylor
- Wednesday, March 12, 2014Main Library, Children's Center
- The Evolving Chinese Dress, 1909-1973
- Wednesday, March 12, 2014Merced, Merced General Floor Area
- Vis Valley Teen Action Committee (TAC)
- Friday, March 14, 2014Visitacion Valley, Visitacion Valley Meeting Room
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.