In celebration of Asian Pacific American Heritage Month in May 2013, you are invited to join a Teen Essay Contest.
Topic: "Building Leadership: Embracing Cultural Values and Inclusion".
Deadline: Saturday, May 25th, 2013 (at 4 pm).
For information, please contact Jewel at Chinatown Branch Library, (415) 355-2888 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Judging will be based on originality, grammar, coherence to the topic and more. The rules:
1. Age: 12-18.
2. Text should be written in English only, at least 1,000 words.
3. One entry per person.
4. Submission by email to: email@example.com
5.Submission in person or by mail to: Jewel Chen, Chinatown Branch Library, 1135 Powell Street, San Francisco, CA 94108.
6. Include your name, address, school, grade, phone number and email address.
7. Essays will be divided into two age groups, middle school (Grade 6-8) and high school (Grade 9-12).
8. Prizes for winners of each group: First Place winners will receive a $50 gift card. Second Place winners will receive gift cards for the total values of $35.
9. The winner's essays will be posted on the San Francisco Public Library's Teen web pages (Chinatown Teen'Zine Blog).
*Patrocinado por los Amigos de la Biblioteca Pública de San Francisco.