Lily Tung Crystal portrays Tye Leung Schulze, a San Francisco woman who made history. She was the first Chinese-American woman to vote in the U.S. and the first Chinese-American to work a federal civil service job when she became a translator at the Angel Island immigration station. Tye also worked courageously with activist Donaldina Cameron to rescue enslaved Chinese girls in Chinatown. The program covers Tye’s dramatic life from childhood into her adult years.
The piece is written by Christina Ying, directed by Desdemona Chiang, and produced in conjunction with Ferocious Lotus Theatre Company. Following the performance, Tye's grandson, Ted Schulze, will lead a discussion about her remarkable story.
- Chinese New Year Red Envelope Craft
- Miércoles 4 de Febrero de 2015Portola, Portola: Sala de Reuniones
- Movie Time: Chinese New Year
- Miércoles 4 de Febrero de 2015North Beach, North Beach
- Lion Dancers!
- Sábado 7 de Febrero de 2015Chinatown/Him Mark Lai, Chinatown: Área Principal