Lily Tung Crystal portrays Tye Leung Schulze, a San Francisco woman who made history. She was the first Chinese-American woman to vote in the U.S. and the first Chinese-American to work a federal civil service job when she became a translator at the Angel Island immigration station. Tye also worked courageously with activist Donaldina Cameron to rescue enslaved Chinese girls in Chinatown. The program covers Tye’s dramatic life from childhood into her adult years.
The piece is written by Christina Ying, directed by Desdemona Chiang, and produced in conjunction with Ferocious Lotus Theatre Company. Following the performance, Tye's grandson, Ted Schulze, will lead a discussion about her remarkable story.
- Chinese Book Club
- 星期六, 2017年4月1日, 1:00 pmMain 總圖書館, Latino/Hispanic 會議室 A 和 B
- Chinese Couplets - a film by Felicia Lowe
- 星期六, 2017年4月8日, 2:00 pmMain 總圖書館, Koret 禮堂
- Pedestrian Safety Workshop
- 星期一, 2017年4月24日, 3:00 pmPortola 分館, Portola 分館會議室