From the first obscure titles published by a feminist publishing cooperative in the 1970s through to titles published in last year, Randall Tarpey-Schwed brings to the San Francisco Public Library his unique collection of books that portray gay or lesbian parents. Here is the opportunity to view over seventy books which illustrate how this unique genre evolved despite political controversy. The exhibition also shows how society’s view of the LGBT community has changed.
Related Event: Book talk and discussion with Randall Tarpey-Schwed
Tuesday, May 14
Main Library, Latino/Hispanic Meeting Room, Lower Level
See Queerest.Library.Ever. sfpl.org/hormelat20 for related online exhibits, archives, and resources.
- Moving Performances
- Tuesday, December 6, 2016, 6:00 pmMain Library, LGBTQIA Center
- How Eureka Valley Became The Castro
- Tuesday, December 6, 2016, 7:00 pmEureka Valley, Eureka Valley General Floor Area
- Broadway Actor and Author Martin Moran
- Sunday, December 11, 2016, 3:00 pmMain Library, LGBTQIA Center