This lecture, demonstration, and tasting session will outline the
processes and techniques of vinegar-brined pickles (both canned and
quick), and fermented pickles, and offer useful tips for the home DIY
enthusiast. And as time permits, we'll also discuss some of the more
peculiar pickling possibilities from the fringes of preserved fruits
and vegetables - soy sauce pickling, nuka (rice bran) pickling beds,
salt-cured pickles, and Electric Kool-Aid pickles. Bring your
questions and your pickling passion!
Karen Solomon is the author of Jam It, Pickle it, Cure It; Can It, Bottle It, Smoke It; and the Asian Pickles e-cookbook and print cookbook series. In addition, Karen has written about pickling and food preservation for a host of publications, including Saveur.com, The Blender (the blog of Williams Sonoma), Fine Cooking, Prevention, Yoga Journal, Vegetarian Times, and the San Francisco Chronicle. When no one is looking, she drinks pickle brine by the shot.
- Russeller Watercolor Group
- Viernes 18 de Abril de 2014Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights: Sala de Reuniones
- Erik Peper: Take Charge of Your Healing!
- Martes 22 de Abril de 2014West Portal, West Portal: Área Juvenil
- Our Green Foodprint
- Martes 22 de Abril de 2014Sunset, Sunset: Área Principal
- Digital Drop-In (avail. in English & Japanese)
- Jueves 17 de Abril de 2014Western Addition, Western Addition: Sala de Reuniones
- Creative Writing Workshop
- Jueves 17 de Abril de 2014Potrero, Potrero: Sala de Reuniones
- Excavating Memory
- Sábado 19 de Abril de 2014Biblioteca Central, Sala Paley - 3ª Planta