This lecture, demonstration, and tasting session will outline the
processes and techniques of vinegar-brined pickles (both canned and
quick), and fermented pickles, and offer useful tips for the home DIY
enthusiast. And as time permits, we'll also discuss some of the more
peculiar pickling possibilities from the fringes of preserved fruits
and vegetables - soy sauce pickling, nuka (rice bran) pickling beds,
salt-cured pickles, and Electric Kool-Aid pickles. Bring your
questions and your pickling passion!
Karen Solomon is the author of Jam It, Pickle it, Cure It; Can It, Bottle It, Smoke It; and the Asian Pickles e-cookbook and print cookbook series. In addition, Karen has written about pickling and food preservation for a host of publications, including Saveur.com, The Blender (the blog of Williams Sonoma), Fine Cooking, Prevention, Yoga Journal, Vegetarian Times, and the San Francisco Chronicle. When no one is looking, she drinks pickle brine by the shot.
- Intersecting Film, Music and Queerness
- 星期四, 2016年9月29日, 6:30 pmMain 總圖書館, Latino/Hispanic 會議室 A 和 B
- Low Energy Radiation from Our Home and Media Appliances
- 星期日, 2016年10月9日, 1:00 pmMain 總圖書館, Latino/Hispanic 會議室 A 和 B
- The Life and Art of Vincent Van Gogh
- 星期四, 2016年10月20日, 7:00 pmSunset 分館, 日落區分館兒童室