Join Tammy from Destiny Art Center and learn a new skill! Capoeira is an Afro-Brazilian martial-art that incorporates dance, agility, grace, music, instrumentation and play. Participants will learn the fundamentals of capoeira movements, philosophy, instruments and call and response songs. For ages 5-up, space limited to 30 participants arriving day of class.
Come to the library, check out the show, get a library card, and enjoy some books!
There is something fun going on at your library every week during the time of the Summer Reading Program.
- The Blackest History Film Series
- Saturday, February 6, 2016, 12:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- Spicy Tasty Vegan Cuisine
- Saturday, February 6, 2016, 1:00 pmBayview, Bayview Meeting Room
- Rhythm, Rock, Reggae, Roots! -Celebrate Black History
- Saturday, February 6, 2016, 3:30 pmWestern Addition, Western Addition General Floor Area
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.