Join Tammy from Destiny Art Center and learn a new skill! Capoeira is an Afro-Brazilian martial-art that incorporates dance, agility, grace, music, instrumentation and play. Participants will learn the fundamentals of capoeira movements, philosophy, instruments and call and response songs. For ages 5-up, space limited to 30 participants arriving day of class.
Come to the library, check out the show, get a library card, and enjoy some books!
There is something fun going on at your library every week during the time of the Summer Reading Program.
- Racism and all that Jazz
- Sunday, February 1, 2015Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- Black History Scavenger Hunt
- Sunday, February 1, 2015Bayview, Bayview General Floor Area
- Meet the Author: Aliona Gibson
- Monday, February 2, 2015Ocean View, Ocean View Meeting Room
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.