On Location: the Golden Gate Bridge on the Silver Screen
The Golden Gate Bridge has starred in more movies than any other American architectural icon. From Dark Passage (1947) to The Rise of the Planet of the Apes (2011) the iconic span appears in wide range of films including Superman, Star Trek, Time After Time, It Came from Beneath the Sea, Love Bug, A View to a Kill, Monsters vs. Aliens, Interview with a Vampire, X-Men. In honor of its 75th anniversary, Jim Van Buskirk, author of Celluloid San Francisco, (and former SFPL librarian) offers a clip-filled program of hilariously horrifying depictions of San Francisco’s beloved bridge.
This is a Films & Videos program from SFPL. From feature films to youth-made videos, we’ve got something great to watch.
- Thursdays at Noon films - The Music Man
- Thursday, May 26, 2016, 12:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- School Age Films
- Thursday, May 26, 2016, 3:30 pmChinatown, Chinatown Meeting Room
- Family Movie: The Good Dinosaur
- Friday, May 27, 2016, 1:30 pmVisitacion Valley, Visitacion Valley Meeting Room