Tomboy by Celine Sciamma
Laure is 10 years old and a tomboy. On arrival in a new neighborhood, she lets Lisa and her crowd believe that she is a boy. Summer becomes a big playground and Laure pretends to be Mikael, a boy like the others, different enough to get the attention of Lisa, who falls in love with him. Laure takes advantage of her new identity as if the end of the summer would never reveal her unsettling secret. Audience Award, Best Feature, SF International Gay & Lesbian Film Festival (2012, 84 min. French with English subtitles)
This is a Films & Videos program from SFPL. From feature films to youth-made videos, we’ve got something great to watch.
See Queerest.Library.Ever. sfpl.org/hormelat20 for related online exhibits, archives, and resources.
- Films for Adults
- Monday, May 2, 2016, 3:00 pmGolden Gate Valley, Golden Gate Valley Meeting Room
- Film Night: Eat Drink Man Woman
- Tuesday, May 3, 2016, 6:00 pmRichmond, Richmond Meeting Room
- Teen Movie: Mockingjay Pt.2
- Wednesday, May 4, 2016, 3:30 pmExcelsior, Excelsior Meeting Room
- Capturing Resilience
- Through Thursday, July 14, 2016Main Library, Mix: General Floor Area - 2nd Fl
- Celebrating The Past/Creating The Future
- Through Sunday, August 7, 2016Main Library, Jewett Gallery
- Out At The Library
- Through Sunday, August 7, 2016Main Library, Skylight Gallery
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.