Tomboy by Celine Sciamma
Laure is 10 years old and a tomboy. On arrival in a new neighborhood, she lets Lisa and her crowd believe that she is a boy. Summer becomes a big playground and Laure pretends to be Mikael, a boy like the others, different enough to get the attention of Lisa, who falls in love with him. Laure takes advantage of her new identity as if the end of the summer would never reveal her unsettling secret. Audience Award, Best Feature, SF International Gay & Lesbian Film Festival (2012, 84 min. French with English subtitles)
This is a Films & Videos program from SFPL. From feature films to youth-made videos, we’ve got something great to watch.
- Preschool Films
- Thursday, February 11, 2016, 10:15 amChinatown, Chinatown Meeting Room
- Thursdays at Noon film series - The Long Walk Home
- Thursday, February 11, 2016, 12:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- Exploring World Cinema: Vanity Fair
- Thursday, February 11, 2016, 3:00 pmGolden Gate Valley, Golden Gate Valley Meeting Room
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.