Join renowned architect and Chinese American studies historian Philip P. Choy for an insider’s guide to the history and architecture of San Francisco’s Chinatown in his book San Francisco Chinatown: A Guide to Its History and Architecture. In this lecture and slide presentation, witness the triumphs and tragedies of the Chinese American experience in the United States from the city's earliest days to its post-quake transformation into an "oriental" tourist attraction as a pragmatic means of survival.
Mr. Choy co-taught the nation's first college level course in Chinese American history at San Francisco State University. He has served on numerous boards including the California State Historic Resource Commission, the San Francisco Landmark Advisory Board, and the Chinese Historical Society of America. He is the recipient of the prestigious San Francisco State University President's Medal.
A book sale and signing follows this event. This program will be conducted in English.
- Mid-Autumn Riddle Contest
- Sábado 20 de Septiembre de 2014Chinatown/Him Mark Lai, Chinatown: Sala de Reuniones
- Poetry Reading by Chun Yu
- Sábado 27 de Septiembre de 2014Chinatown/Him Mark Lai, Chinatown: Sala de Reuniones
- Authentic Happiness in Seven Emails
- Miércoles 8 de Octubre de 2014Parkside, Parkside Children's Area