Every day for the next 18 years, 10,000 baby boomers will reach age 65! So what to do in retirement? Join us when author Francine Toder,Ph.D. discusses her new book The Vintage Years: Finding Your Inner Artist (Writer, Musician, Visual Artist) After Sixty. This book delves into the latest brain science findings discussed in everyday terms while also opening a window into the lives of more than twenty late-blooming artists who first took up the violin, memoir writing or other artistic pursuits after they turned sixty. A book sale by Readers Books follows the event. This is a Wise Up event.
This is a Wise Up! program for learning and living well at any age.
- OWL: Older Writers Laboratory
- Monday, February 27, 2017, 10:00 amBernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Thursday, March 2, 2017, 12:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- "The Adventures of S. Phaeton" Radio Play
- Saturday, March 4, 2017, 1:30 pmNoe Valley, Noe Valley Meeting Room
- CANCELLED-Book a Librarian in Russian
- Tuesday, February 28, 2017, 10:30 amMain Library, 5th Floor Computer Training Ctr.
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Wednesday, March 1, 2017, 1:30 pmPresidio, Presidio Meeting Room
- Book a Librarian
- Thursday, March 2, 2017, 3:00 pmMarina, Marina General Floor Area